Saturday, November 10, 2012

General Response to Week 3 Readings/Listening’s


I’m not exactly sure how to apply these concepts to my project. These ideas all seem to be very ‘fine art’ in nature. Fred Wilson talks about organizing objects in a way that ‘feels natural’ to him. Which is nice, and lovely, and something I have done before, but not necessarily what I want to do with my zine I don’t think. I want to be fairly scientific about it. I would like this project to be more informational, based on research, which funny pictures and captions to keep people interested. I’m not so much into things going together metaphorically, or creating a fine art piece.

The Museum of Jurassic Technology is very interesting to me, and I have been wanting to go there ever since I first heard of it. I love the idea of not knowing what is true and what is not. The ambiguity of it is incredible. It speaks to our understanding of the world. Science tries to hard to unravel the secrets of life, but science is often proved wrong later. It is at it’s best, a very good attempt, an attempt always being corrected. I see the Museum of Jurassic Technology as a massive art installation. It makes a beautiful and magical statement about the world, but is not to be considered a scientific institution. Therefore it falls under the same category as far as my project goes. I want mine to be based off fact as much as possible.

I very much enjoyed “White” by Joseph Grigly. Especially the inclusion of tampons in the “White destined not to be white” category. Hilarious. This is the kind of humor in a straight-forward setting I would like to bring to my zine.

- Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment