Tuesday, October 30, 2012

marianne obsservation 4


For my field wunderkammer I want to do something involving marine life,  because in the large animal/species scale of things that is the realm in which I’m the most interested in.  I was very interested in the marine life parts of the “what is an animal section” of the museum and I’m sure there will be more very interesting things involving marine life in the evolution exhibit as well.  Visually I would really like to do something (a zine again? Maybe all online this time) that aesthetically has a “Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou”/ Jacques Cousteau vibe to it.   I’m looking forward to looking around the museum more and seeing what other information there might be on ocean life throughout other parts of the museum, including things like human interaction with ocean life, etc.  I know that the Field has a much more on land focus,  but I think that marine life is something really interesting that many people occasionally over look in the context of a natural history museum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment