Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Observation



While at the museum last week, I became intrigued by the physical display of the animals, and how they were meant to be displayed in their natural setting, by either the physical and sometimes elaborate faux setting (such as the display with fake snow). I find it interesting how they try to make these animals, clearly dead and old, to seem new and alive. With this said, I’d like to know how old these species really are, and wanted to know more about them on an individual basis. I would also like to know how this species has changes over time with evolution in relation to the way they are displayed.
Another theme of interest is movement. Again, I was looking at how the museum was able to physically demonstrate movement by the manner of display. At times I felt it was strong, but other times, I felt that there could have been more.

No comments:

Post a Comment