Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Observation Field #2 -sm

I've always appreciated and have been attracted to a big nose. I'm half german and that side of my family all have big noses. When I was at the Field Museum last week I found myself being attracted to a certain animal with a big beautiful nose and thought WHY NOT make a wunderkammer about mammals like my family's and the saiga antelope. Just look at it. So much nose to love. While I start most of my projects from a place of cute and intuition, I would like to end up at a place of research and enlightenment finding the purpose of a big nose for the mammals that will be in my wunderkammer. For example, the WWF says the saiga antelope has a "large humped nose hangs over the mouth of the saiga. The nose is flexible and inflatable so helps it to breathe clean air during dusty summers and warm air during cold winters."



No comments:

Post a Comment