Tuesday, October 9, 2012

sw project update

My media project changed to posting thought provoking questions around the zoo through the use of stickers. This weekend I posted the stickers around specific exhibits and watched as the public read the stickers and then descriptions. It seemed mostly that visitors of the zoo were not reading the animal descriptions, but just the animals. The stickers got the attention of adults. I think to be successful the zoo would have to be really busy perhaps in the summer when more people would go to the zoo. I interacted with a few visitors and got an email address of a school teacher so perhaps she could give some insight as to how the zoo functions in an educational position. -sw

1 comment:

  1. I think its grate you are starting dialog in the zoo. I am intrigued to know what are some of the questions you are posting and how big are the stickers? And did you inquire how the media effected the viewer’s interaction with the posts? You said that adults were interested in the questions. I feel this is an opportunity to address the adult/child dialog at the zoo. Maybe raise questions of education? What do you want people to come away from these questions with?

    ReplyDelete